Israeli vehicle data platform provider Otonomo Technologies has announced an agreement with Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services to offer advanced fleet optimisation services to fleet management companies and operators with Mercedes vehicles across 25 European countries.
Aimed at organisations such as delivery companies, service providers and car rental companies, Otonomo’s platform gives instant access to connected vehicle data that supports fleet optimisation.
Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and light commercial vehicles come equipped with multiple sensors, processors and high-speed data communication frameworks that provide comprehensive vehicle data. Measurable attributes include position data, maintenance data, vehicle status, warnings, ignition state, fuel level, tyres, door and window status, and electric and hybrid parameters.
Otonomo’s Vehicle Data Platform cleanses, harmonises, and secures this vehicle data and makes it readily accessible through a straightforward API and user-friendly platform. The aim of the collaboration is to accelerate the use of OEM data among fleets.
“We are proud to be collaborating with Mercedes-Benz Connectivity Services.”, said Ben Volkow, CEO and Founder, Otonomo, “We look forward to fleets across Europe utilising vehicle data to drive in safer driving, smarter routing and fuel savings.”
Otonomo supports a data ecosystem of OEMs, fleets and more than 100 service providers. Its platform securely ingests more than 4 billion data points per day from over 40 million global connected vehicles, then reshapes and enriches it to provide privacy-regulation-compliant solutions using both personal and aggregate data. Use cases include emergency services, mapping, traffic management, EV management, subscription-based services, parking, predictive maintenance, insurance, media, in-vehicle services, and dozens of smart city solutions.
Fleets can utilise the Otonomo vehicle data to perform the following:
- Track the location of fleet vehicles in real time to optimise routes and save fuel expenses
- Maintain automated logbooks to provide effortless reporting and ensure compliance
- Monitor vehicle health in real time to prevent vehicle breakdown
- Keep track of vehicle health to increase safety
- Trace excessive vehicle idling to cut fuel and maintenance costs
- Optimise service times and enabling predictive maintenance
- Calculate optimal de-fleeting
- Fuelling and charging management to reduce costs and fight fraud and theft
- EV route planning to reduce range anxiety
- Monitor vehicle usage to detect theft or unauthorised vehicle use